THE OTHER 5%

what is it?

The Other 5% is an exploration into photographs and the stories behind them. The 5% is in regards to a quote by photographer Neal Preston regarding how photography is “95% instinctual.” This publication seeks to explore what makes the other 5% through stories, analysis, reflections, and more.

Neal Preston’s Full Quote: “Shooting live music is something few photographers do really well. I just discovered one day I was good at this because it felt natural to me. You can’t teach it, you can’t learn it, you just do it. It’s one part photography, one part love of music, one part a love of theatre and theatrical lighting, one part hero worship, one part timing and 95 parts instinct.”

Let's Work Together.

Burlington, VT

Duxbury, MA

ben@benmcollins.com  |  (781) 733-1094

  • Instagram
  • Facebook
  • Vimeo
  • Twitter

© 2020 by Ascentios, LLC. and Ben M. Collins. (synonymous with Ben Collins, Benjamin Collins, Benjamin McCann Collins.)